Welcome to Het Nieuwe Instituut! We ask all visitors to help ensure a safe and comfortable space so that together we can create a shared environment where everyone – at 1.5 metres distance – feels free to enjoy the experience in their own way. We encourage our visitors to be sociable, despite the Covid-19 measures, and to take curiosity and creativity as their starting point.
If you feel unsafe during your visit, please talk to a member of staff.
We ask for your understanding regarding the following instructions in particular:
Before your visit
- Reserve your entrance ticket online in advance, even if you have a Museum Card or other discount card. If you just want to visit the bookstore, you can reserve a free ticket. We are happy to help you with online reservations. You can call us during opening hours on (010) 440 1200.
- In order to spread visits over time and space, we ask you to arrive within your ticket time slot. There may be a queue at the start of the time slot; you may wish to consider coming a little later than the time slot start time. You can then stay as long as you like.
- If you would like to use the Study Centre or reserve an archive document, you do not need to buy an entrance ticket but should make an appointment by emailing email@example.com.
- Group visits make the traffic flow more difficult. We therefore ask you to visit the museum independently, or with your family, partner or housemates.
- Avoid public transport where possible.
- Stay at home if you have symptoms. You are welcome again once you and your housemates have been symptom-free for at least 24 hours.
During your visit
- Pay preferably by card or mobile (pin or contactless).
- You may take photos or video recordings if this does not obstruct other visitors.
- A largely one-way route runs through the museum.
- Follow the hygiene measures: wash your hands regularly, keep 1.5 metres away from other visitors, sneeze or cough into your elbow.
- Unfortunately, we are unable to offer group tours, packages, tickets or activities for the time being.
- Het Nieuwe Café will be closed for at least four weeks from 15 October, due to measures against the coronavirus.
- Both employees and guests are urged to wear a mask in the public areas of Het Nieuwe Instituut. Masks are available at the front desk at cost price.
Thank you for your cooperation and have fun at Het Nieuwe Instituut and Sonneveld House!