Welcome to Het Nieuwe Instituut! We ask all visitors to help ensure a safe and comfortable space so that together we can create a shared environment where everyone – at 1.5 metres distance – feels free to enjoy the experience in their own way. We encourage our visitors to be sociable, despite the Covid-19 measures, and to take curiosity and creativity as their starting point.
If you feel unsafe during your visit, please talk to a member of staff.
We ask for your understanding regarding the following instructions in particular:
Before your visit
- Reserve your entrance ticket online in advance, even if you have a Museum Card or other discount card. If you just want to visit the cafe or bookstore, you can reserve a free ticket. We are happy to help you with online reservations. You can call us during opening hours on (010) 440 1200.
- In order to spread visits over time and space, we ask you to arrive within your ticket time slot. There may be a queue at the start of the time slot; you may wish to consider coming a little later than the time slot start time. You can then stay as long as you like.
- If you would like to use the Study Centre or reserve an archive document, you do not need to buy an entrance ticket but should make an appointment by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Group visits make the traffic flow more difficult. We therefore ask you to visit the museum independently, or with your family, partner or housemates.
- Avoid public transport where possible.
- Stay at home if you have symptoms. You are welcome again once you and your housemates have been symptom-free for at least 24 hours.
During your visit
- Pay preferably by card or mobile (pin or contactless).
- You may take photos or video recordings if this does not obstruct other visitors.
- A largely one-way route runs through the museum.
- Follow the hygiene measures: wash your hands regularly, keep 1.5 metres away from other visitors, sneeze or cough into your elbow.
- Unfortunately, we are unable to offer group tours, packages, tickets or activities for the time being.
Thank you for your cooperation and have fun at Het Nieuwe Instituut and Sonneveld House!